CHOOSE A COURSE YOU WANT TO SUCCEED
WELCOME TO THE BEST INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS
Gurukulam is one of the best educational institute
Our institute is providing a best opportunity to the students to sharpen their skills in mathematics. Our facilitators have been giving quality solutions to the students from several years.
It is an ISO certified organization inspiring students to prepare for all kinds of competitive examinations like CSIR-NET, GATE, Civil Services, and MCA
I am Shivani Singh. I have qualified GATE 2017 with 24-AIR. I would like to thank God, my family and specially Kulwant Sir. Kulwant Sir helped me a lot to achieve this target . He is a good mentor with excellent teaching strategies. He care and support students in all possible ways and works very hard for student’s success. He is very dedicated and passionate teacher.Thank You sir for your immense support.
Myself Ajeet Kumar Singh. I secured 106-AIR in CSIR-JRF DEC 2016 and also qualify GATE 2017 . Thanks to Kulwant Singh Sir for motivating me and help me to clear my doubt. You are great mathematician and cool personality always motivating me . Thanks to Kulwant Sir and all faculty member of GURUKULAM INSTITUTE and thanks all my teacher’s of my university. (Gorakhpur University)
I secured 76(AIR) in GATE 2017. I am immensely happy & satisfied with my performance in GATE. I am really thankfull to Kulwant Sir. Who supported & encouraged us throughout the course. He helped in polishing our concepts & theories & advised as to practice problems & questions (as many as we can). Overall, it was a great experience & I feel glad that I was part of GURUKUL INSTITUTE.
I got 11th rank in GATE-2017 .I am very thankful to my family and teachers. I would like to thank Kulwant Sir for his constant support and teaching.I am also very grateful to “GURUKULAM” and entire team of GIM. Virk Sir, Pooja Maam, Prashant Sir, Parvesh Sir, Ashish Sir and whole staff for their guidance and help. I wish each and evry year GIM reaches its heights of success.
I am Vikash Tripathi, I got AIR-18 in GATE-2017. I want to say thank you to Kulwant Sir, beacause this was not possible without his guidance . He is a great teachers who always supports and motivate his students. His counter examples are very useful to crack any exam. I know a single word is not enough but I am haertly thankful to you.Thanks once again Kulwant Sir.
Gurukulam is one of the best educational institute .Our institute is providing a best opportunity to the students to sharpen their skills in mathematics. Our facilitators have been giving quality solutions to the students from several years. It is an ISO certified organization inspiring students to prepare for all kinds of competitive examinations like CSIR-NET, GATE, Civil Services, and MCA
From the Director’s Desk…!!
Gurukul institute of Mathematics(GIM) is strongly commited to imparting quality education and to provide a perfect launch pad for NET,GATE and IIT-JAM aspirants under the noble guidance of Kulwant sir, an honest, sincere, hardworking and dedicated person having a vast teaching experience.
The teaching methodology of kulwant sir and all other eminent faculties enhance student’s basic knowledge and ability of making difference in the field of mathematics. The sincere dedication of the management team makes our institute more unique in the sense that we leave no stone unturned to help the students.
GIM is completely devoted to provide scientific and systematic coaching to crack all the competitive exams like NET, GATE, IIT-JAM and many more. Our sincere, dynamic, subject-experts are promised to deliver success to our students through unique result oriented innovative teaching techniques.
Inspiring interaction for, Inspiring inner action..!
Best Wishes Kulwant Singh
- Subject wise unit expert faculty
- Combination of eminent professors, IIT-JAM & GATE top rankers
2) Comprehensive Study Material
- Developed by experienced R&D team of Career Endeavour
- Comprehensive so that, no other text book is required
- Thoroughly revised and updated
- Focused and relevant to exam
3) Best Infrastructure & Support
- Well equipped classrooms
- Clean and inspiring environment
- Best quality teaching tools
4) Comprehensive Coverage of Syllabus
- Basic level to advanced level
- Freshers can easily understand
- Emphasis on fundamental concepts
- More than 500 teaching hours
5) Regular Assessment of Performance
- Unit-wise classroom tests followed discussion
- IIT-JAM Classroom Series
- IIT-JAM Online Test Series
- Examination environment exactly similar to IIT-JAM & M.Sc. Entrance
6) Dedication and Commitment
- Starting and completion of classes on time
- Professionally managed
- Pre-planned class schedule
- Co-operation and discipline
7) Regular updation on Notifications
- Display on notice board and announcement in classrooms
- Notification of IIT-JAM and other M.Sc. Entrance Exams
8) Timely completion of syllabus
- 3-5 hours classes per day
- Well designed course curriculum
- Syllabus completion much before the examination date
Pattern of Test Papers
The JAM 2017 examination for all the seven test papers will be carried out as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. For all the seven test papers, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours. The medium for all the test papers will be English only. There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section are of different types as given below:
- Section–A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice.
- Section–B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit if he/she selects all the correct answers only and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s).
- Section–C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these types of questions. Candidates have to enter the answer by using a virtual numeric keypad.
- In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero mark. In Section – A (MCQ), wrong answer will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer of 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted. In Section – B (MSQ), there are no negativeand no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section – C (NAT) as well.
- There is provision of using online virtual calculator and hence, the candidates should not bring any calculator with them.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices are strictly prohibited inside examination hall. Charts, graph sheets, tables, are also NOT allowed inside the examination hall.
- A scribble pad will be provided for rough work and this has to be returned back at the end of the examination.
- The candidates are required to select the answer for MCQ and MSQ type questions, and to enter the answer for NAT questions using only a mouse on a virtual numeric keypad (the keyboard of the computer will be disabled). At the end of the 3-hours the computer will automatically close the examination.
Use of unfair means by a candidate in JAM 2017, whether detected at the time of examination, or at any other stage, will lead to cancellation of his/her candidature as well as disqualification of the candidate from appearing in JAM in future.
The candidates are advised to visit the JAM 2017 website for more details on the patterns of questions for JAM 2017, including examples of the questions. Candidates will also be able to take a mock examination through a ‘Mock Test’ link that will be made available on the website closer to the examination date.
Candidates are advised, in their own interest, to refer to the brief profiles of the Admitting Institutes and Departments at their respective websites (Table 1). Applicants should note that they have to apply for admission by filling an online Application Form for Admission (henceforth called Admission Form) available only at JAM 2017 website.
Based on the test paper(s) qualified, an applicant can apply to one or more academic programmes covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institute(s). For the academic session 2017-18, the following admission procedure shall be followed for all the Programmes at IITs covered under JAM 2017. Candidates are also advised to refer to the JAM 2017 website for latest updates.
- After JAM 2017 results are announced, a qualified candidate will have to apply ONLINE only using the prescribed Admission Form available at JAM 2017 website http://jam.iitd.ac.in, irrespective of IITs where the admission is sought. The duration for online Admission Form submission is from April 12-25, 2017.
NOTE to OBC-NCL Candidates: The candidates must upload a valid OBC-NCL certificate in the prescribed format when they submit their application form for admission after the declaration of JAM 2017 results. The final seat allotment will be done based on the OBC-NCL certificate submitted along with the application form for admission. The candidate will be considered in the General category in case the OBC-NCL Certificate is invalid or not in the prescribed format or sent/ uploaded after April 25, 2017.
- Irrespective of whether a candidate has qualified in one or two Test Papers, only one duly completed Admission Form should be submitted listing, in an option form, all the programmes at IITs (along with the order of preferences) where the candidate is seeking admission.
- Upon logging in to the JAM 2017 website (JOAPS), the candidate needs to fill in the required information, such as choice of the programmes in order of preference, educational qualifications, percentage of marks/CGPA, category, PwD status etc. After carefully choosing the order of programme preferences based on the ER and MEQ of the programmes at Admitting Institutes, a payment of Rs 600/- (Rupees six hundred only) is to be made as non-refundable processing fee. The payment can be made online through JOAPS latest by April 27, 2017 (Thursday).
- The Admission Form will not be considered if it is found incomplete in any respect or if it is not accompanied by the payment and the candidate will not be considered for admission, irrespective of satisfying the ER and MEQ of any programme(s) for which the Admission Form has been submitted. Also, a candidate will be considered for admission only to the programme(s), given in his/her Admission Form.
- Taking into consideration the order of preference as given in the Admission Form and corresponding rank(s) in the Merit List, the First Admission List for each programme under JAM 2017 will be prepared by the Organizing Institute and will be announced on May 31, 2017 (Wednesday) on JAM 2017 website.
- After the declaration of the First Admission List, admission offers will be sent by the respective Admitting Institute(s) to the concerned candidates. Along with the submission of the acceptance form, these candidates will also have to pay an advance seat booking fee (Rs. 10000/- for General/OBC-NCL category candidates and Rs. 5000/- for SC/ST/PwD category candidates) online through JOAPS, within the deadline mentioned in the admission offer letter. This amount will be transferred to the Admitting Institute and it will be adjusted against the Institute Fee at the time of Registration.
- If seats remain vacant after the first admission process is over, the Organizing Institute will prepare a Second Admission List. This second list will be announced by the Organizing Institute on June 16, 2017 (Friday) on JAM 2017 website and the admission offers based on the second list, if any, will be sent by the Admitting Institute(s) to the candidates concerned.
- Candidates who have been offered admission through the Second List but not through the First List, must submit their acceptance form, along with an advance seat booking fee (Rs. 10000/- for General/OBC-NCL category candidates and Rs. 5000/- for SC/ST/PwD category candidates) paid online through JOAPS, within the deadline mentioned in the admission offer letter. This amount will be transferred to the Admitting Institute and it will be adjusted against the Institute Fee at the time of Registration.
- If seats remain vacant even after the second admission process is over, the Organizing Institute will prepare a Third and Final Admission List. This third and final list will be announced by the Organizing Institute on June 30, 2017 (Friday) on JAM 2017 website and the admission offers based on the third list, if any, will be sent by the Admitting Institute(s) to the candidates concerned.
- With the Third and Final Admission List, the admission process based on JAM 2017 will come to a close.
- If a qualified candidate is allotted a seat through the First Admission List and if the offer of admission is accepted, the lower preferences of the candidate, if any, will be automatically cancelled. However, the candidate will remain on the waiting list for all the higher preferences (if any). Qualified candidates, who are not allotted any seat in the First/Second Admission List, will remain on the waiting list in the next round of admission(s). If a qualified candidate fails to accept an admission offer, he/she will not be considered further in the admission process.
- Verification of Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admission is the prerogative of the Admitting Institute(s) only and the Organizing Institute will not respond to any queries in this regard.
- The offer of admission to a candidate will be provisional, subject to the fulfillment of all the requirements by the dates specified.
- Candidates should note that being in the Merit List of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement for admission. Admissions shall be made in order of merit and depending on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute(s).